ACC 304 WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENT 1
ACC 304 WEEK 8 Assignment 1 – IFRS and GAAP Convergence
Events in the world of corporate finance during the past few years have shown the importance of
transparent and accurate financial reporting by businesses. There are numerous methods for evaluating
the financial well-being of a business. In this paper, you will review and evaluate the financial analysis
tools available to business manager, investors, and government regulators.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Describe what accounting convergence means and assess the likelihood of the convergence
being completed and implemented in the next five (5) years.
2. Evaluate and describe the single most important difference between U.S. GAAP and IFRS rules,
and explain your answer.
3. Analyze and summarize the main obstacles to convergence from both the U. S. and European
4. Analyze the balance sheet and income statement presentation methods that will be impacted the
most by convergence, and explain why.
5. Evaluate and explain what types of business entities and accounting practices will be affected the
most by convergence.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.