BSHS 435 Week 2 Sampling and Data Collection in Research Paper
BSHS 435 Week 2
• Student described observation and measurement as they relate to human services research.
• Student addressed each of the following points in the paper:
• What is the purpose of sampling?
• How can you avoid bias when selecting samples for human services research?
o Data Collection
• Describe the scales of measurement used in research
• What are the types of reliability? Provide examples of the types of reliability as they apply to human services research or to human services management research.
• What are the types of validity? Provide examples of these types of validity as they apply to human services research or to human services management research.
• Why is it important to ensure that data collection methods and instruments are both reliable and valid?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of:
Surveys via websites
Which of the above examples of survey research you would like to use if you are collecting data and why?
• The paper is 700 to 1,050 words in length.
• The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
• The conclusion is logical, flows, and reviews the major points.