Career Planning & Development, Recruitment and Selection
Type: Individual Project
Unit: Career Planning & Development
Due Date: Sun, 9/25/16
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 200
Points Earned: 0
Deliverable Length: 7-10 pages Go To:
Reading Assignment My Work:
Online Deliverables: Submissions
This assignment is the Common Assignment Assignment Details
You are the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) at your organization. As the CHRO, one of your primary roles is to be the workforce strategist. Your organization is
planning to expand business operations to your neighboring state by opening an office. As a result of this expansion, your organization needs to make sure that the best and
brightest employees are recruited to fill key roles at the new office. Write a 7-10 page research paper using APA style outlining the steps involved in recruiting the staff at the
1. The student researched the legal statues affecting the selection and hiring of employees.
2. The student identified the number and type of positions that need to be filled at the new office. Moreover, the student discussed qualifications, e.g., education level and
number of years of experience, associated with each position.
3. The student researched, evaluated and chose several selection devices such as interviews or ability tests to reject or accept applicants. Moreover, the student
assessed the weaknesses and strengths of these selection devices.
4. The student researched, evaluated and chose whether or not to utilize integrity testing and drug testing.
5. The student applied correct APA, style, usage, grammar, and punctuation.
6. The student supported the research paper with at least four different scholarly sources such as research journals, research studies, government or accredited
educational institutions websites.
Please submit your assignment.
Individual Project Rubric
Grading Criteria Percentage Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear. 35% Scholarly research which supports writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 20%
10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if
used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may
result in adverse academic consequences.
Critical thinking: Position is well-justified; logical flow; examples provided where appropriate. 20% Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format; reads as a polished academic paper or
professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable. 10% Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors. 10% APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.). 5% For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
This assignment will also be assessed using the Common Assessment criteria provided here. Reading Assignment
Introduction to Human Resource Management, chapters 8, 11 Assignment Objectives
Learn to develop employability skills using self-assessment tools by designing, planning, and creating a workable portfolio to enhance strategic managing of careers
and job qualifications Other Information
There is no additional information to display at this time