PCN 520 Grand Canyon Week 2 Complete Work
PCN 520 Grand Canyon Week 2 Discussion 1 Latest July 2016
Which of the therapeutic forces discussed in this week’s readings do you think are the most important for successful group outcomes? Explain and give examples of how you can incorporate this knowledge into your future counseling practice. For example, if you are in the addictions program, your example should be related to substance use disorders.
PCN 520 Grand Canyon Week 2 Discussion 2 Latest July 2016
What are some specific goals and methods that you may incorporate into group counseling that might be shaped by your culture? Describe how you could accommodate group members’ diverse cultural backgrounds, values, and styles as they relate to these goals and methods.
PCN 520 Grand Canyon Week 2 Assignment Latest July 2016
Group Design Part 1
Throughout this course, you will be designing a Counseling Group from start to finish. The assignment will be broken into three parts. Due at different intervals in the course. You will choose from the following group types (If you are in the addiction counseling program, select an addiction group):
- Children of divorce.
- Children of addicts.
- Adult Survivors of abuse (could be sexual or physical).
- Treatment for adults who are addicts.
- Grief recovery.
- Teens struggling with gender dysphoria (sexual identity).
- Teen support group (parents who are addicts).
- Relationship building (homosexual and heterosexual – there does not have to be a division because a group is a group).
- Domestic violence group for nonoffenders.
- Parenting group
For Part 1:
Identify what type of group you will design.
Write a summary (300-600 words) of your group. Be sure to include:
- Group type.
- Why you chose this type of group.
- Population serving.
- Number of sessions.
- Number of participants.
- Goals of the counseling group.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Submit Group Design Part 1 to the instructor by the end of Module 2.