PSY 110 WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENT 2 ANALYZING A MAJOR ISSUE
Before starting the paper:
1. Review the major concepts of social psychology in the textbook.
2. Select a topic from the list.
a) Affirmative Action (may focus on affirmative action for racial or minorities, gender, or
b) Bullying (may focus on school bullying or cyberbullying)
c) Violence in the media
d) Development and influence of gangs
e) Hate crimes against gays or other minorities
f) Domestic violence (may focus on married couples or dating couples)
3. Locate and read at least three (3) peer reviewed articles on the issue in the Strayer Library.
o At least one (1) article should discuss the historical event(s) or legal decision(s) that make the
issue a major one in the United States.
o Two (2) of the articles should have different views about causes, effects, and ways to
address the issue.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper (1,000 to 1,200 words) in which you:
1. Provide an introduction to the paper with a thesis statement.
2. Describe at least three (3) key historical events and / or legal decisions that make the issue a
major or important one in the U.S.